LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport: Le Mans 24 Hours Bulletin
Date posted on June 16, 2016 · Published by eurasiapr
LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport kick-started the 24 Heures de Mans week by going fourth fastest in LMP2 during a rain-affected free practice session on Wednesday (16 June), but the team ended the first day of on-track action in the barriers and the all-Asian team currently carrying out repairs.
THE STORY SO FAR:
- LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport goes fourth fastest in LMP2 with a best time of 3m40.321s in a rain-affected free practice (Wednesday 15 June)
- The all-Asian team sets the ninth fastest LMP2 time in qualifying practice on Wednesday evening
- Tristan Gommendy was capable of going considerably faster with a clear, unobstructed lap on fresh tyres and low fuel
- Traffic, slow zones and red flag stoppages prevented LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport from chasing quick, representative lap times
- All three LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport drivers – Gommendy, Kevin Pu Jun Jin and Nick de Bruijn – complete their five compulsory laps in the hours of darkness during qualifying practice
- Qualifying practice ends prematurely for Eurasia Motorsport, Pu Jun Jin running wide onto the marbles and colliding with the barriers at the Forest Esses on an in-lap
- Impact damages the #33 ORECA’s front and rear bodywork and flooring, uprights, suspension and driveshaft
- Eurasia Motorsport’s crew strips the engine and gearbox overnight and crucially finds no damage
- LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport hoping for consistent dry conditions in the remaining qualifying practiv to allow it to challenge for the LMP2 class pole position
The build-up to the 84th 24 Heures du Mans continues with a pair of two-hour qualifying practice sessions at 19.00 and 22.00 CET.