LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport: Le Mans Bulletin
Date posted on June 19, 2016 · Published by eurasiapr
LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport currently lies ninth in LMP2 and the Asian team is still ascending the leaderboard as the 84th 24 Heures du Mans passes its halfway point in the early hours of Sunday (19 June).
THE STORY SO FAR:
- Torrential rain struck Circuit de la Sarthe during the 24 Heures du Mans start procedure and the rapidly deteriorating conditions necessitated a Safety Car start
- The 60-strong Le Mans field circulated behind the Safety Car for almost an hour, LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport 20th overall and 11th in LMP2
- The #33 ORECA 05 Nissan was summoned to the pit garage when as the field was released from behind the Safety Car
- Two laps were lost while the problem was diagnosed and cured
- Tristan Gommendy took the start and double-stinted, at times setting the pace in LMP2
- Losing grip on intermediates, a timely switch to slicks unlocked more pace and Gommendy set a personal best second sector immediate prior to the first driver-change
- China’s Kevin Pu Jun Jin took the reins in 22nd position overall and quickly hit his target lap time of 3m45s during a solid stint
- Nick de Bruijn continued his teammates’ good work by racing to 19th overall and 11th in the super-competitive LMP2 class, before Pu Jun Jin made another fleeting appearance in the #33 ORECA
- Quadruple stints for Gommendy and de Bruijn take LeSports by Eurasia Motorsport through the hours of darkness and place the team comfortably inside the top ten
The 84th 24 Heures du Mans concludes at 15.00 CET on Sunday 19 June.